Friday, June 20, 2008

June 21: South Jkt Cavido choir concert


Just dropped by my church choir rehearsal for tomorrow's evening concert (see just some of the gorgeous singers in the picture on the right). The reherasal started at 8.15 p.m., thank God I took a nap. I won't be a singer, just dropping by.

Mm ... quite a surprise to have learnt the musical genres prepared. Not only will the regular church songs be performed, but the 30th Anniversary of CAVIDO church choir (mostly youth in the 20s and 30s) also covers Bee Gees songs. It was my delight to have helped them with some aspirated sounds of the lyrics, such as pronouncing 'talk' with aspirated /t/ in the song "WORDS", and 'try to understand'. Just a small favour. Glad they liked my analogy to how famous actor Ari Wibowo and actress Sophia Latjuba spoke in Indonesian. "Saya thidhak thau khenapha ..."

Here are the details I posted in the mailing list:
indonesian_choral_lovers@yahoogroups.com tonight.
Interested, guys? Well, just join us for free,
except for the humble dinner.

Dear ALL,
June 21 concert (Melawai): 30th Anniversary of CAVIDO

CAVIDO (Cantent in Viis Domini, meaning Singing in the Path of God),
a St. John Choir (Blok B Church, South Jakarta),
invites you to join an evening concert to celebrate its
30th Anniversary in serving at the church on:

Date : this Saturday, June 21st, 2008, 6.30 p.m.
Venue: 2nd floor, St. John building, MELAWAI RAYA 197,
South Jakarta (across from Heritage and Hero)
Theme: "STAYING ALIVE"

Songs:
Church choral songs (Latin and contemporary)
Bee Gees' collections
Staying Alive, How Deep Is Your Love, I Started A Joke, WORDS, etc.

P.S. No ticket charge, except for humble dinner (donation)
Further details,
contact: 0818 155309 with mas Henny /
R.M. Albertus Henny Hindarto.
"Smile an everlasting smile,
a smile can bring you near to me.
Don't ever let me find you down,
cause that would bring a tear to me."

Cordially Yours,

Teguh
A Cavido-er

No comments: