Sunday, September 07, 2008

The hurricane has calmed down ...

Finally, my 4-week arthritis (since Aug. 9), thought to be just flu attacking bones/joints, subsided. As Hanna hurricane weakend in Mexican gulf this week, so did my pain. No more antibiotics, just medicine for my pain and ... itch. Almost 2 weeks I felt terribly itchy in most of my legs and part of my arms. Wow ... must be something to do with the recovery and my diabetes.

Thank God, and thank to the schools where I am teaching for their understanding:
1. SMPK 7 (3 days/week): lending me the library, where students alternately come for my English lessons, CD-ROM play, test and games sessions.
2. SMAK Gading Serpong (only on Tuesdays): lending me the Bio. lab., with a ready multi-media (LCD projector) facility.
3. SMAK 1 Bandung: it happened there are two times holidays on Mondays, my teaching day. Tomorrow, year 12 bilingual class are going to Bali, another break, though I've got to teach year 10 (4 classes).
4. Gading Serpong dormitory: I used to be a patron for 1.5 months until Aug. 29, and the students there kept praying for me during their evening devotion time. So touching!

For what has happened, I learnt one thing. Give up/ surrender everything to God, and He'll know and provide you the best. Thanks as well to Mr. Agus, M.D. (foundation doctor), attentive teachers in SMPK 7 and my family, especially my dad, who once cooked me, and once, insisted on moving an office chair with wheels (not a wheelchair) to the room. Sigh! Embarassing, yet touching, eh?

No comments: