Saturday, April 11, 2009

Good Friday and Easter period

After the lent period (40 days of fasting) started with Ash Wednesday, here came three moments in conjunction with Easter: Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter, with surely preceded by the Palm Sunday last week. Click for what the events are at:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Week_in_Malta.

Anway, I went to church on Maundy Thursday (Indonesian: Kamis Putih) at 10p.m. in a chill cold (now) air-con St. John's church (Melawai). Though my choir, CAVIDO took part, I observed from a distance. They looked damn smashing in their white uniforms. The sermon reminded us that Easter in the olden days means "transition/movement" from Egypt to the promised land, Kanaan, and so was our life journey.

Yesterday, I joined the 2p.m. mass at the same church, this time I was asked to sing with the same choir, CAVIDO, now with black outfits. Uedan rek, an East Javanese shoutout, meaning "My goodness!" Within just 14 hours, my choir performed again. Well, most of the repertoires were those I was familiar with (I joined the choir since 1988, and have stopped practising for more than 2 years!) though I hadn't joined the Easter choral practices before. Yet, of course, I didn't sing for some songs I was not sure of singing, lah. Ho ho ... thank God, it was a success.
Well, what a break now, this weekend.

Btw, if you happen to drop by the fX plaza/mall on Sudirman street, South Jakarta, just near Senayan, and are looking for some affordable dishes, yet with superb taste, like those in Bistro Delifrance, also click: http://www.jakartaspot.com/dir/jakarta-selatan/all,
try the Muffins! The name may trick you of a place serving only muffins, but it turned out it came up with some affordable package of dishes less than Rp. 30,000 (US$2.5), including drinks. Most of the cafe and restaurants there charge us with an average Rp. 50,000 (US$4) excluding the Rp. 20,000 (US$1.6) drinks! Anyway, I tried the minched beef with rice(Odobo package if I'm not mistaken, certainly not "Adobe", ho ho .... ). Delicious! Already 3 months of absence to fx mall/plaza since my last visit with SMAK 1 PENABUR Bandung teachers in early January 2009. It still looked damn great!! One day, I'll give a try to the f7 (7th floor) two exclusive restaurants, if invited. Gosh! So elegant. Mmm .... a bit contrast eh when talking about the lent(en) period in the start of my posting. Sigh!

Well, well, what am I going to do this Saturday? Mmm .... sleep and sleep. And of course, Extravaganza comedy show in Trans TV tonight! Easter will have to wait until Sunday morning, I guess.

No comments: