Tuesday, July 01, 2008

BALI Holidays!

Another Bali holiday! With SMAK 2 BPK PENABUR Bandung teachers and staff, I am now in Bali islands for a 7-day tour, with stopping by Jogja on Day 7. Now Day 4. Leisure time, swimming in hotel, not joining the Kintamani tour. Then, I am now able to write you a blog, mm ...

After 34-hour travel by bus from Bandung city to Denpasar city, we have visited Bedugul with its breath-taking Brantan Lake, ancient and exotic Tanah Lot (Hindu temple), dined in several exotic restos, such as Bedugul resto (Balinese) and Naga in Kuta (Chinese). My friends were crazy for shopping at Puteri Galuh Batik (traditional clothes) and a silverware shop on the way to Sangeh, kingdom of apes.

We are staying in Denpasar at Nikki hotel, which has its international hotel school at www.nikki-international.com. Just had a swim. Alone ;) Everybody went to Sukowati market to buy "oleh2", or gifts, for relatives/friends in Jakarta. I bought "Rahayu" peanuts, "sale salak" (preserved sweet snakefruit) and "brem"/ distilled (wine) drink as ordered. Time for internet surfing, pizza at noon and strolling with cousins in Bali (again) for this day 4.

Unforgettable events:
On bus : Laughters, jokes, karaoke/ singing
On sites:
Breathtaking sunset view from top of cliffs across from Tanah Lot (temple) by the sea, tranquil Brantan Lake (Bedugul) with parasailing and jet ski. I wish I had had the courage to try them all ha ha ...

In restos: At least four dishes each meal, with fried chicken everywhere, some fish, bean curd, noodle of course, hotplat "kangkong" (vegetables) with tasty sauce, or satay. Yummy!! In a minute, I would love to have pizza hut, special offer, 50% from 2-5 p.m. just in Bali (a 2-minute walk from the Nikki hotel). Tonite, a cousin of mine, a chef, promised to send me his specialized delicious Chinese noodles. Ordered 3, sharing with close friends. Mmm ... Got to go asap. Don't be jealous, guys. Be in Bali next holiday, for sure!

Would love to share you my other unforgettable events in this island of God (Day 5) soon
right after I am home in Jakarta this Saturday. Phew!

A joke: In Brantan Lake, Bedugul,
it costs one a Rp. 75,000 to do parasailing, and Rp. 50,000 for water-skiing. If I had taken the parasailing, I may have gotten back my Rp. 25,000 as the parachute could not have lifted me, and I may have ended doing water-skiing with the parachute trailing me back! Ha ha ... don't get it? Well, my friends called me the "Kungfu Panda" with heavy body. That's why.

1 comment:

Bali Hotel said...

Visit this interesting place and enjoy in Bali during your time in Bali, enjoy its culture and everything this island has to offer. Get more information about Bali hotels holidays and get special rates for online reservation.