Wednesday, July 08, 2009

What a day! General election, Mon Ami pastry n Starbucks

Here came the general election day. Today! Holiday. Got no notice, so brought a copy of my ID card and family card. Darn. The post (TPS) I used to come was vacant. Moved to different location I did not know. Well, went to a gov. district. "Kelurahan Melawai". Told the post was nearby. Got lost twice. If it had not been for casting my vote for the presidential election, I would have gone straight to my bed. Actually, I got a different plan.

One international coffee retailer, Starbucks, advertised in national Kompas newspaper yesterday. Any voter, showing their finger covered with purple ink, would get a free MISTO, coffee with milk. On the way from the Dharma Karya school, near Melawai Road (South Jkt), my sister and I stopped by Mon Ami bakery. Yummy! Snacks, and pastries, such as cassava cake and glutinuous cake (ketan bubuk).

Well, there we were. 20 minutes earlier to a Starbuck shop on Melawai Road. Then, voila! One hot milk coffee for my sister and one cold one for me. Mm ... I successfully persuaded the shop assistant to take a picture of us with the ink-tainted finger showing we have voted! Gosh. What a day.

No comments: